This website is a Beta design. Click here to tell us how to make it better.
We provide investment and support for homegrown businesses and international projects looking to locate in Wales. Funding will soon be available – with more schemes added in future, including a development fund, a skills fund and a music fund.
We’re always updating this page, so remember to check back soon for more opportunities and guidance on how to apply. You can also get in touch to find out how we can help you.
In addition to funding, our team brings a wealth of experience from across all of the creative industries. We use this knowledge and our resources to offer practical guidance and support for businesses. Whether it's connecting people or signposting to specialist services like Wales Screen, we're on hand to help.
Scroll on to learn more about upcoming funding streams.
Creative Wales Production Funding
Creative Wales Production Funding is a scheme where public funding is used to support the growth of Wales as a destination for the production of world class content. The funding will support Wales-based production and games development companies who are looking to develop productions intended for international audiences. It's aimed at the following production genres: scripted, non-scripted, animation and games development.
We are prioritising the development of a content production sector that provides equal and diverse opportunities for a long term, skilled employment base. The funding will be targeted at companies that are implementing the latest practices in sustainable production and have wellbeing of cast, crew and employees at the forefront – whether they are freelancers, contractors or permanent staff.
We also prioritise content that shows the best of Wales in culture, language and geography.
The programme aims to:
- Boost production by stimulating growth in the number and variety of productions made in Wales
- Maximise the economic impact of supported productions to local economies and the supply chain in Wales
- Improve employment opportunities in the sector through increased and co-ordinated opportunities for training and development
- Develop audiences by improving access to Wales-made production and content at home and internationally
- Develop Wales’ reputation as a destination for international productions and co-productions, supported by our world-class talent, crews, facilities and unique locations
- Support the development of a skilled, diverse workforce
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply for Creative Wales Production Funding if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Your main business activity is either film (non-theatrical), TV, games or animation
- All or part of this production will be made in Wales
- You have a fully considered finance plan with all other funding in place
- There is a skills / upskilling element to the project
- Your project demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusivity and sustainability
- You can evidence commercial viability (distribution deal/commission/broadcaster etc.) associated with this project
- There is a minimum of 12 weeks until project start date (principal photography for TV & Film projects) from project enquiry
- Your company/management team have a demonstrable track record of delivery in the genre, and at least one commercial release within the last three years from application.